It was such a treat to wake up the other morning and log-on to my computer and find I have been recognised by a blogger I greatly admire. I discovered Cecilia from The Kitchen’s Garden had been awarded a Red Shoe and had passed the award on to me!
Cecilia started her blog on the 4th of July last year. In that time she has become very successful and extremely committed, blogging almost daily and keeping us up to date with all she is doing and all that is happening on her sustainable farm in the mid-west of the USA.
Cecilia hasn’t always lived in the United States. She grew up on a beach in New Zealand so her blog also has stories from her childhood in the ‘Land of the Long White Cloud’. She then moved to London where she worked in the film industry and somehow met and married an American and that is how she came to live on the prairies.
Cecilia believes in living a self-sustainable lifestyle. They grow their own food and meat, use solar power, practise organic farming methods and despite the fluctuations in temperature, they don’t indulge in air-conditioning or central heating.
The Kitchen’s Garden is a delightful and fascinating blog that gives you a glimpse into an enviable lifestyle. Cecilia’s blog posts are intriguing and told with good humour. It’s always a delight to read a new post from The Kitchen’s Garden and if you haven’t visited before, you really should.
From one Kiwi to another, thank you Cecilia for the award and your kind words – they mean a lot to me. And it’s wonderful getting to know you through this virtual medium!
And now it is my duty to pass on the award to five more bloggers. But to all the Bloke-Bloggers, I’m sorry but I’ve disqualified you because I didn’t think you would know what to do with a red shoe and if you get back to me telling me that you do, I won’t be relieved, I’ll be suspicious!
- The Intolerant Chef because she is such a great cook, shares interesting and varied recipes, and has a great sense of humour – her comments on my blog have me in stitches.
- Cindy-Ann from The Only Cin because she writes beautifully, blogs about all kinds of things, and says most of her shoes are red.
- Eva at Kitchen Inspirations because her blog is so interesting and full of great stories about her life and her cooking and her travels.
- Lorraine from Not Quite Nigella because she is very witty, is a great writer, has an amazing blog and I think she would suit red shoes.
- Celia from Fig Jam and Lime Cordial because I just love the name of the blog and Celia cooks wonderful, inspiring recipes that she styles brilliantly. She tries to live a sustainable lifestyle in urban Australia and her recipes reflect this challenge.
To all my recipients, please enjoy your red shoe!
And I’m not sharing a recipe today so instead I’ll share a photo of me taken in Tahiti while on my second honeymoon with my first husband. Tahiti is definitely one of those ‘must-see’ places except for the prices. A glass of wine cost $25.00 so we had quite a sobering time. However, if you preferred a G&T, that was only $15.00. Tahiti has the best climate. So lovely and hot all the time. This photo was taken at about 8pm just after the sun had set. It was so balmy just lying around the pool I could barely be bothered to head back to my room to dress for dinner. A rather perfect few days. I’d go back in a flash – as long as I could BYO!
I guess that ‘Tahiti Looks Nice’ comment will only make sense if you grew up with the Cusson’s Imperial Leather TV commercial. I certainly did and it is ingrained in my memory.
Is going to Tahiti on your list of ‘must see’ places?
And I’d love to know you better so please join me on facebook.